First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church of Fairfield has been located on South First Street since its inception in 1883, when it was affiliated with the Northern Baptist Convention. Calvary Baptist Church, affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, was organized on December 18, 1921. On May 6, 1924, First Baptist and Calvary Baptist voted to merge their congregations and be affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. The new congregation became First Baptist Church, and their meeting place remained on South First Street.
First Baptist will celebrate our 100th Anniversary as a SBC Church in May 2024.